Community Leadership Development Program
Working in Dagoretti since 2009 has allowed R2T the opportunity to build strong relationships with residents, local businesses, civic leaders, and schools based on common goals, open communication and trust. We work closely with the community to ensure that our programs meet residents' needs, are relevant, accessible and successful. R2T hosts monthly Community Development meetings that allow us to assess the changing needs of the community and integrate those needs into our programs.
Our Community Leadership Development Program aims to provide a forum to:
• Develop Community Leaders
• Address Community-Wide Issues
• Foster Collective and Peaceful Problem Solving
• Share Information and Resources
• Connect Residents with Local Leaders
• Build Partnerships with Other Constituents and Stakeholders
• Celebrate Local Culture Through Arts and Entertainment
R2T works with the community to organize special projects and initiatives. Some of the efforts we have sponsored include:
An initiate to share information and promote a peaceful election process surrounding the 2013 Presidential Election in Kenya.
A collective effort to clean up the community for the benefit of residents and business owners.
Infrastructure Improvement Petitions
Community-wide advocacy and signature gathering in support of having the main road in Dagoretti paved and a partial water pipe system restored.